Monday, February 18, 2013

Heat by Mike Lupica

The book Heat by Mark Lupica can connect with many kids just like me. The main character Michael connects with me because he never thought he was any good at the sport baseball. Michael stepped up on the mound and pitched the ball, it went straght passed the home plate for a strike which made Michael think that he had a chance to be a pitcher in baseball.

The theme of this book, Heat by Mike Lupica is to never give up or keep persisting. The theme connects to me because I used to play baseball,  I started out really bad and after a year of training and practice I soon became a great baseball player in my age league which made myself and my family very proud. Soon I found out that I was talented at many other sports.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to enter your reading world. Good start at your first blog post. I have begun to learn more things about you both as a reader and a writer. Make sure you cite and extend with a connection in every blog post. Try to extend your connection even more; I want to be able to enter your life in connection to the novel. I need to know more about your book; your post is very vague.

    ReplyDelete